Gaels Fall With Boots On, Neasden Joy05-11-2018

Connacht Senior Football Championship Club Quarter Final

 Tir Chonaill Gaels 1-10 1-15 Clann na nGael

Roscommon club champions Clann na nGael survived a major scare from London’s top dogs Tir Chonaill Gaels in a thrilling Connacht Senior Club Quarter Final at Dr Hyde Park.

TCG showed great intent in the first half with home-grown players Killian Butler and Liam Gavaghan picking up where they left off last week in the win over Fulham Irish, while Donegal All-Ireland winner Adrian Hanlon was also to the fore early on for the visitors.

Clann na nGaels started extremely strong, and led 0-05 to 0-01 after 17 minutes with home full-forward Ciaran Lennon kicking two points and former Rossies playmaker Donie Shine landing three textbook frees.

London sharpshooter Gavaghan kicked five first-half points of his own to pull the Gaels right back into the game before a hasty challenge from Clann’s Graham Pettit,on Gavaghan, inside the square, gave the London side a chance to go ahead.

Eoin Murray calmly stood over the ball and smashed it past David Finneran to leave TCG 1-06 to 0-08 up at half-time and dreaming of a famous upset.

Shine settled his Roscommon side down by scoring three unanswered points, but a determined Gaels showed great heart with man-of-the-match Killian Butler, Gavaghan again and Brian Mullin splitting the posts to keep their noses in front 1-09 to 0-11.

But Pettit made up for his earlier error by pulling Clann back in front when he reacted first to a loose ball to bury past Gavin McEvoy after 44 minutes.

TCG refused to give in however, going straight at an experienced Clann na nGaels defence but the Roscommon men stood firm to deny the Londoners any score.

Clann finished the Gaels off with Ultan Harney, Shine, Darra Pettit and Ciaran Lennon getting late scores to push the winning tally to a flattering 1-15 to 1-10.


All Britain Junior Football Semi Final

Neasden Gaels 3-13 0-12 St Jude's

A strong second half performance saw Neasden run out comfortable winners over St Jude's at McGovern Park to set up a Battle Of Britain decider against Edinburgh's Dunedin Connollys.

The outcome was in the balance with the north Londoners leading 0-10 to 0-07 at half-time but three second-half goals helped Neasden put the Southampton club's brave effort to bed and book a date with Scotland's capital side in the Junior final.