Thomas McCurtains GAA Club Notes14-07-2017
On Saturday the camogie team had a hard fought win over Fr. Murphy's in the British Championship to qualify for the Semi Finals but it was hard luck to our footballers who lost out to Eire Óg in the Mullarkey Cup Final.
Thomas McCurtain’s were well represented at the ABCs in Greenford last weekend. We travelled with an u-12 & u-14 Football and a Hurling team. Our u-12 footballers played on Saturday and in a tough group and in searing heat battled brilliantly in all their games. We had the bear minimum of 9 players including some very young players under 9 years of age. Although we didn’t win any of our matches, we were never outplayed. The boys and girls did our club proud. So it was high bar that our U14s had to match on the Sunday. They were in a group that included a strong St Kiernan’s side. In a group of five, we finished second, winning 2, drawing one and losing one (to St Kiernans). We were finally beaten in the quarter final by Parnells; after looking strong for much of the game a black card in the second half impacted the team and we exited the competition with our heads held high.
Thomas McCurtains Underage players at Greenford for the ABC
Next weekend we look forward to our annual Fun Day in Goodmayes which will take place on Saturday. This has now been in the London GAA calendar for over 10 years and continues to grow in strength year on year. This year we are organising a blitz for U6's to U12's and U14 challenge match. There will also be Senior Hurling, and Camogie Championship matches to look forward to. In addition to the blitz, London GAA will be hosting a Hurling Games Centre in Goodmayes at 10.30 a.m. The Hurling Games Centre will provide every child in London and beyond, regardless of whether they are club affiliated or not, the opportunity to take up hurling and play it an enjoyable and safe environment. On Sunday the footballers conclude their League campaign against Brothers Pearse where a win will see them into the Final.
Training (Click on team name for more info):
- Mens Football: Tuesday and Thursday at 7.30pm in Goodmayes.
- Mens Hurling: Tuesday and Thursday at 7.30pm in Goodmayes.
- Ladies Football: No training this week due to a mid week fixture.
- Camogie: Wednesday at 7.00pm in West Ham
- Underage: Hurling, Monday at 6.45pm in Goodmayes.
Football, Tuesday in Thurrock RFC & Wednesday in Goodmayes both at 6.45pm.
- Camogie: British Intermediate Championship Semi Final - Thomas McCurtains v Tara , Saturday 15th July 2017 at 11.00am, Goodmayes.
- Mens Hurling: Intermediate Hurling Championship - Thomas McCurtains v Fulham Irish, Saturday 15th July 2017 at 3.00pm, Goodmayes.
- Mens Football: AIB Football League Division 3 - Thomas McCurtains v Brothers Pearse, Sunday 16th July 2017 at 2.00pm, Goodmayes.
- Camogie: British Intermediate Championship - Thomas McCurtains: 4-09, Fr. Murphy's: 4-08
- Mens Football: Mullarkey Cup Final - Thomas McCurtains: 1-06, Eire Óg: 4-08
- Thomas McCurtains Club Fun Day - Saturday 15th July 2017, Goodmayes.
New players are always very welcome to join our friendly club. We have Gaelic Football & Hurling teams for both men and ladies from u-8s up to Adults. We are based in East London; the club covers a wide area and current players live in many different areas, including, Gants Hill, Woodford, Leyton, Leytonstone, Stratford, Romford, Dagenham, Brentwood & Chelmsford as well as many other areas. Transport to and from training and pick-up from stations can be arranged, if required.
If you would like to join our club, please do not hesitate to contact:
- Mens Football: Martin Keyes: 07712 106 349
- Mens Hurling: Brian Ryan: 07851 164 119
- Ladies Football: Deirdre McArdle: 07523 109 547
- Camogie: Eoin Kelly: 07729 746 052
- Underage: Martin McGovern: 07807 830 556
U8/10 Managers - Martin Healy 07854739585 and Denis Doherty 07958432835
U12 Managers - Marc Daily 07824 837952 and Tim Sullivan 07764 658350
U14 Managers - John Moran 07946 031883 and Tim Sullivan 07764 658350
Hurling Manager - Marc Daily 07824 837952
Thomas McCurtains GAA Club would welcome coaching support in local schools and our training sessions.
Please check out Thomas McCurtain’s on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram. Or drop us an email on email@example.com. We would be delighted to hear from you.
*Gentle reminder to all teams to take their rubbish with them after using Goodmayes pitches*