Thomas McCurtains GAA Club Notes03-07-2017
McCurtains were on the wrong side of the scoreline in our mid week fixtures with the Ladies Footballers, Hurlers and Camogs all succumbing to defeats. However the Camogs made ammends by beating John Mitchells in the British Championship and the Footballers won their penultimate league fixture to put both of them in contention to qualify for the next stages of their competions.
The hurlers lost out to Brothers Pearse in torrential rain on Tuesday evening. the conditions made it difficult for either team to get any sort of rythm going. Both teams conceeded sloppy goals however Pearses were able to make the most of their oppurtunities to run out winners.
It was seventh heaven for the Camogie team as they scored seven goals against John Mitchells in the British Championship in Birmingham. In a frantic finish McCurtains scored their last goal 3 minutes from the end to put themselves two points up and clinch the match.
The footballers traveled to scrubs yet again, this time to play St Anthony's in the league. Paddy Haligan was in fine form kicking the Macs to a 4 point lead at half time. In the second half St Anthony's used the breeze well and peppered the McCurtians goal eventually winning a dubious penalty to draw level. Some fine running by Kevin Delahunty and Brian Hourihane put McCurtains back on track with Niall Coffey converting a few long range frees to see out the result.
A depleted Ladies football team were unlucky to lose their two championship games during the week to strong opposition, losing to Parnells and Round Towers.
Next weekend our Footballers will play in the Mullarkey Cup Final on Saturday in Ruislip.
Training (Click on team name for more info):
- Mens Football: Tuesday and Thursday at 7.30pm in Goodmayes.
- Mens Hurling: Tuesday and Thursday at 7.30pm in Goodmayes.
- Ladies Football: No training this week due to a mid week fixture.
- Camogie: No training this week due to a mid week fixture.
- Underage: Hurling, Monday at 6.45pm in Goodmayes.
Football, Tuesday in Thurrock RFC & Wednesday in Goodmayes both at 6.45pm.
- Camogie: Mid Week League - Thomas McCurtains v Fr. Murphy's, Tuesday 4th June 2017 at 7.30pm, Greenford.
- Ladies Football: Intermediate Championship - Thomas McCurtains v Fr. Murphy's, Thursday 6th July 2017 at 7.45pm, Goodmayes.
- Camogie: British Intermediate Championship - Thomas McCurtains v Fr. Murphy's, Saturday 8th July 2017, Greenford.
- Mens Football: Mullarkey Cup Final - Thomas McCurtains v Eire Óg, Saturday 8th July 2017 at 4.00pm, Ruislip.
- Ladies Football: Intermediate Championship - Thomas McCurtains v Holloway Gaels, Sunday 9th July 2017, Downhills Park.
- Mens Hurling: McCullough Cup Quarter Final - Thomas McCurtains: 3-10, Brothers Pears: 3-12
- Mens Football: AIB Football League Division 3 - Thomas McCurtains: 0-12, St Anthony's: 1-07
- Camogie: British Intermediate Championship - Thomas McCurtains: 7-05, John Mitchells: 3-15
- Thomas McCurtains Club Fun Day - Saturday 15th July 2017, Goodmayes.
New players are always very welcome to join our friendly club. We have Gaelic Football & Hurling teams for both men and ladies from u-8s up to Adults. We are based in East London; the club covers a wide area and current players live in many different areas, including, Gants Hill, Woodford, Leyton, Leytonstone, Stratford, Romford, Dagenham, Brentwood & Chelmsford as well as many other areas. Transport to and from training and pick-up from stations can be arranged, if required.
If you would like to join our club, please do not hesitate to contact:
- Mens Football: Martin Keyes: 07712 106 349
- Mens Hurling: Brian Ryan: 07851 164 119
- Ladies Football: Deirdre McArdle: 07523 109 547
- Camogie: Eoin Kelly: 07729 746 052
- Underage: Martin McGovern: 07807 830 556
U8/10 Managers - Martin Healy 07854739585 and Denis Doherty 07958432835
U12 Managers - Marc Daily 07824 837952 and Tim Sullivan 07764 658350
U14 Managers - John Moran 07946 031883 and Tim Sullivan 07764 658350
Hurling Manager - Marc Daily 07824 837952
Thomas McCurtains GAA Club would welcome coaching support in local schools and our training sessions.
Please check out Thomas McCurtain’s on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram. Or drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be delighted to hear from you.
*Gentle reminder to all teams to take their rubbish with them after using Goodmayes pitches*