U-15 Gaelic Football Development Tournament 09-05-2017
I am delighted to announce that London GAA will be launching an U-15 Gaelic Football Development Tournament in the coming weeks. Please see the Fixtures and Team Sheet attached.
The fixtures for the opening weekend are as follows:
Saturday, May 13th
U-15 Development League
St.Kiernans vs. Parnells
Greenford at 4.00 p.m.
Tara vs. Gael Londain
Greenford at 5.00 p.m.
TCG vs. St.Clarets/NLS
Greenford at 6.00 p.m.
The Tournament will operate under the following rules:
- The Tournament will be played at 11-a-side.
- A panel will consist of 16 players for each match and the Team Sheet must be handed in 30 minutes before the start of each match - panels can be changed each week. There will be an unlimited use of substitutes throughout each match so players can come on/off.
- The matches will be played every Saturday evening in Greenford (UB6 0NZ).
- The Tournament will start on Saturday, May 13th.
- The matches will be 25 minutes a side and will start on the hour each week (4.00 p.m., 5.00 p.m. and 6.00 p.m). If the teams are late for the starting time then they will suffer a 5 point penalty and the match will be shortened.
- Every Club will have a match each week and will be guaranteed 6 matches in total.
- A Club will receive 3 points for a win, 2 points for a draw and 1 point for fielding.
- Clubs will be awarded a losing bonus point if they lose by 8 points or less.
- There will also be a bonus point awarded if a Club scores 15 points or more in the match.
- If a player receives a YELLOW card then they receive a 5-minute Sin Bin and the team are down to 10 men for 5 minutes.
- If a player receives a BLACK card then they can not come back on for the rest of the match but can be replaced by a teammate.
- If a player receives a RED card then they can not come back on for the rest of the match and they can't be replaced so the team are down to 10 men for the remainder of the match. The player is also suspended for the next match.
- There will be a zero tolerance policy on dissent of any kind from players or management of any Club.
*Please note that no player selected for the North or South London Feile panels will be eligible to play in the Tournament*
We see these matches as a vital part of their player development & a great opportunity for the young players to play the game in a competitive environment so we would encourage all Clubs to participate.
Thank you all very much for your co-operation & I look forward to seeing you all in Greenford on May 13th.
Is mise le meas,
Community Development Administrator,